- Act as the ‘business owner’ for the bike category, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact the business. This entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding, and reporting on the business, along with the responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives.
- Owning the product launch strategy and execution plan ensuring that all the necessary assets (copywriting, photography, videos, product information, etc) are in place
- Determining the best pricing strategy for all bikes in all regions based on both cost and competitor offerings
- Developing sales strategies for products with low sell-through rates and for products in the transition period between two product generations.
- Owning the business logic translating bike assembly dates into customer delivery promises displayed on the website
- Reporting on bikes sales data to the Leadership Team complete with actionable insights
- Analysing external data and insights to determine industry and consumer trends.
- Collaborate with buyers and the product team to shape the future of the category.
The bike market is no secret for you, you have a deep knowledge of the players, the trends, and the consumer demand. You have extensive experience owning a category on a brand or distributor level, ideally within a DTC business model. While experience within the bike industry is not a pre-requisite, a strong interest and/or association with mountain biking is. You are someone who is keen to take on broad responsibility in a fast-paced environment, setting the tone for the development of our bikes business.
For this position, we expect:
- 5+ years of relevant senior level experience in e-commerce, marketing, operations, or business management.
- Proven track record of growing a business area and increasing revenue in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated data-driven decision making or quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, German is a plus.
- Open and positive attitude.
- Hands-on mentality, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- University degree in a business relevant field.
- Content Management System experience such as Shopware, Magento or Shopify.
- Knowledge in working with an ERP system such as SAP is a significant advantage.
- Experience in leading complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Excel.
An open-minded and tolerant company culture
Training possibilities in the company's own gym
After-work rides with the YT family of employees and legendary company parties
One of the most beautiful bike regions directly in front of our door